Vitamin D promotes absorption of calcium, maintains normal calcium and phosphate levels, promotes bone and cell development and reduces joint inflammation. Without adequate levels of Vitamin D, women are at risk of a wide range of short and long-term health issues, including:
- Muscle weakness
- Difficulty thinking clearly
- Bone pain
- Bone fractures and deformities
- Sleep problems
Balance Hormone Center in Oklahoma helps women overcome health issues caused by Vitamin D deficiency. Through natural Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, we help women get back their quality of life and health.
The Importance of Vitamin D
Without it proper levels of Vitamin D, women are at risk of a wide range of serious health issues, including:
- Brittle bones: Many women with Vitamin D deficiency are at an increased risk of osteoporosis and fractures due to weak or brittle bones.
- Estrogen imbalance: Vitamin D deficiency may lead to lowered estrogen levels, which can cause depression, hot flashes, mood swings and more.
- Impaired immune system: Vitamin D deficiency may lead to an impaired immune system, putting women at an increased risk of infection and illness.
- Insulin resistance: Women with untreated Vitamin D deficiency may develop insulin resistance, which can reduce her ability to properly process blood sugar.
- Pituitary imbalance: Women with Vitamin D deficiency may experience abnormal pituitary cell growth and tumors.
- Additional health conditions: Untreated Vitamin D deficiency may lead to the development of more serious health conditions, including cancer, heart disease, Multiple Sclerosis and more.
You May Be at Increased Risk of Vitamin D Deficiency
Anyone can suffer from Vitamin D deficiency. There are certain demographics that are at an increased risk of the condition, however.
This includes women who:
- Are of advanced age
- Are overweight
- Do not eat animal products, including meat and dairy
- Receive limited sun exposure daily
- Suffer from other chronic diseases
If you fall into any of these categories and are experiencing symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency, be sure to consult our staff immediately.
Schedule an Appointment to Get Back on the Path to Better Health
A Vitamin D deficiency can rob you of your energy, happiness and drive. Our Vitamin D treatment specialists are here to help you get back on the path toward feeling and looking like your best self.